My Shopping List
Crumb-Crusted Top Sirloin and Roasted Garlic Potatoes with Bourbon Sauce
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 45 Min.
Cook Time: 40 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 (2 to 2-1/2 lb.) boneless top sirloin steak, cut 2-in. thick
+ 1 Tbsp. prepared spicy brown mustard
+ 1 clove minced garlic
+ 1/4 tsp. pepper
+ 1/2 c. soft whole wheat bread crumbs
+ 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
Roasted Garlic Potatoes:
+ 2 large russet potatoes, each cut lengthwise into 8 wedges (about 1-1/2 lb.)
+ 1 tsp. olive oil
+ 2 cloves garlic, minced
+ 1/2 tsp. salt
+ 1/4 tsp. pepper
+ 1/2 c. ready-to-serve beef broth
+ 2 Tbsp. bourbon
+ 1/4 c. half & half
What to do:
1. Heat oven to 425°F. To prepare Roasted Garlic Potatoes, place potato wedges in 15 x 10-in. metal baking pan. Combine oil, garlic, salt and pepper in small bowl. Drizzle over potatoes; toss to coat. Spread potatoes in single layer. Set aside.
2. Combine mustard, garlic and 1/4 tsp. pepper in same small bowl;
spread evenly onto beef steak. Combine bread crumbs and parsley in another small bowl. Pat mixture evenly over mustard mixture. Place steak on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat. Do not add water or cover. Roast steak and potatoes in 425°F oven 25 min.; turn potatoes. Continue roasting 15-20 min. to medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness for steak and until potatoes are tender.
3. Remove steak when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare; 150°F for medium. Transfer steak to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 5-10 min. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium.)
4. Meanwhile prepare Bourbon Sauce. Add broth and bourbon to roasting pan; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring until browned bits attached to pan are dissolved. Boil 2 min. Add half-and-half; bring to a boil. Season with pepper, as desired. Keep warm.
5. Carve steak into slices. Spoon sauce over beef. Serve with potatoes.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff