My Shopping List
Beer-Brined Pork Chops
Courtesy of Mr. Food Test Kitchen
Prep Time: n/a
Cook Time: 20 Min.
Marinate: 4 Hr.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 1/2 c. dark lager beer
+ 1 c. water
+ 2 Tbsp. molasses
+ 2 Tbsp. light brown sugar
+ 2 Tbsp. kosher salt
+ 4 (1-inch-thick) bone-in pork chops
+ 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
+ 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
+ 1/4 tsp. salt
+ 1/4 tsp. black pepper
What to do:
1. In a large bowl, combine beer, water, molasses, brown sugar, and salt; mix well.
2. Place pork chops in a large resealable plastic bag; pour beer brine over chops and seal bag. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
3. When ready to cook, preheat grill to medium or heat a grill pan over medium heat. Remove pork chops from brine and pat dry. Discard brine.
4. In a small bowl, combine Dry Rub ingredients; mix well. Sprinkle mixture evenly over both sides of pork chops.
5. Cook pork chops 8 to 10 minutes per side, or until desired doneness.
Recipe and Image from the Mr. Food Test Kitchen
© 2018 Ginsburg Enterprises Incorporated. All rights reserved.
For more great recipe ideas, visit mrfood.com.