My Shopping List
Slow Cooker Carnitas
Courtesy of VELVEETAŪ and RO*TELŪ
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 6-8 Hrs.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ PAMŪ Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
+ 3 lb. boneless pork loin roast
+ 1 can (10 oz. ea.) RO*TELŪ Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chiles, undrained
+ 1 can (8 oz. ea.) HUNT'SŪ Tomato Sauce-No Salt Added
+ 1 c. chopped yellow onion
+ 1 Tbsp. finely chopped garlic
+ 2 tsp. ground ancho chile pepper
+ 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
+ 4 tsp. cornstarch
+ 4 tsp. cold water
+ 1 c. red bell pepper
+ 12 flour tortillas (6-in.)
+ 1/2 c. salsa verde (green salsa)
+ 2 Tbsp.chopped fresh cilantro
+ 1 lime, cut into 6 wedges
What to do:
1. Prepare Pulled Pork: Spray inside of 4-quart slow cooker with PAMŪ cooking spray; set aside. Remove any visible fat from pork roast; place in slow cooker.
2. Combine undrained RO*TELŪ tomatoes, HUNT'SŪ tomato sauce, onion, garlic, ground chile and cumin in small bowl. Pour RO*TELŪ tomato mixture over pork roast. Cover; cook on LOW setting 6 to 8 hrs.
3. Transfer pork roast to cutting board; shred. Place half of the pork (about 4 c.) in storage container. Remove half of the juices with vegetables (about 2 c.) from slow cooker and place in separate storage container. Store both for second recipe, Pork Posole (see startmakingchoices.com for recipe).
4. Prepare Carnitas: Stir together cornstarch and water in small bowl until smooth. Add cornstarch mixture to remaining juices in slow cooker; stir. Add remaining shredded pork and bell pepper to slow cooker; stir. Cover with lid. Turn slow cooker to HIGH; cook 20 min. Stir again.
5. Fill tortillas with pork mixture; top with salsa verde and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
Cook's Tips: Serve Carnitas with ROSARITAŪ No Fat Refried Beans.
Calories: 430; Total Fat: 14g; Saturated Fat: 5g; Cholesterol: 84mg; Total Carbs: 40g; Fiber: 4g; Sugar: 5g; Protein: 34g; Sodium: 662mg;