My Shopping List
Mediterranean Potato Salad
Courtesy of Idaho Potato Commission
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 20 Min.
Chill Time: 1 Hr.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 5 quarts IdahoŽ potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1-in. dice
+ 2 c. mayonnaise
+ 2 c. Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
+ 1/2 c. sun-dried tomatoes, rehydrated and diced
+ 1/2 c. balsamic vinegar
+ 6 cloves garlic, chopped
+ 1/4 c. fresh basil, chopped
+ 1/4 c. fresh oregano, chopped
+ 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
+ 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
What to do:
1. Cook potatoes in salted water to cover until potatoes are tender but still firm, and drain.
2. Combine mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, vinegar, garlic, herbs and lemon juice; mix well by hand (do not use blender). Lightly toss dressing with potatoes. Refrigerate 1-3 hr. to allow flavors to develop.
* If dry herbs are substituted for fresh, use half the amount listed in recipe. If desired, sprinkle feta or goat cheese over salad before serving.
* If desired, frozen potatoes may be substituted for fresh potatoes. Follow manufacturer's instructions.
* Recipe courtesy of Idaho Potato Commission.
Calories: 604; Total Fat: 35g; Cholesterol: 32mg; Total Carbs: 63g; Protein: 12g; Sodium: 485mg;