My Shopping List
Grilled Skirt Steak with Creamy Citrus Sauce
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 10 Min.
Marinate: 6 Hr.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 beef Skirt Steak (1 to 1-1/2 lb.), cut into 4-6-in. portions
+ 1/2 c. fresh orange juice
+ 1/3 c. finely chopped fresh cilantro
+ 2 Tbsp. dried Mexican seasoning, crushed
+ 3/4 c. dairy sour cream
+ 2 Tbsp. finely chopped green onion
+ salt and pepper
What to do:
1. Combine orange juice, cilantro and Mexican seasoning in small bowl. Place beef steak and 1/3 c. orange juice mixture in food-safe plastic bag; turn steak to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hr. or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
2. Combine remaining orange juice mixture with sour cream and green onion. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. (May be refrigerated as long as overnight.)
3. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 7-12 min. (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 8-12 min.) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
4. Carve steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices; season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve with citrus sauce.
* Recipe courtesy The Beef Checkoff
Calories: 266; Total Fat: 17g; Saturated Fat: 8g; Cholesterol: 69mg; Total Carbs: 3g; Protein: 22g; Sodium: 143mg;